Important Updates:

Please visit for details and for information regarding the City of Milton coronavirus response.

Alcohol Beverage Licenses & Pouring Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Milton Police Department issues and renews permits for servers pouring permits, special event alcohol licenses and public facility event alcohol licenses. Milton's Finance Department issues alcohol beverage licenses and collects monthly excise taxes on alcoholic beverages containing distilled spirits as well as for wholesalers and brewpubs. 

Click the tabs below for more details on each option. You can contact the Milton Police Department (at 678-242-2570 or or the City's Finance Department (at 678-242-2511 or if you have questions or to follow up.

Pouring Permits
Special Events Alcohol License
Public Facility Event Alcohol License

Click here to read "Chapter 4" from the City Code, Milton's ordinances related to alcoholic beverages. In the spring of 2020, the Mayor and City Council approved a thorough rewrite of Chapter 4 that, among many other things, adjusts the alcohol-to-food ratio for establishments from 50:50 to 70:30 and allows for breweries, distilleries, food halls, craft beer and/or wine markets, and Sunday sales fees.