The City of Milton welcomes the participation of citizens, businesses, community partners, and visitors on our social media pages. The City of Milton encourages you to have a voice in your city government by sharing with us ideas, experiences, and feedback. The City of Milton welcomes and encourages a person’s right to express his or her opinion.
However, this is a limited public forum. This page is not intended to be a public forum for any and all issues. The City of Milton maintains a social media program for the purpose of engaging and interacting with our community; and for providing relevant and timely community news, information and events. To keep the social media conversations focused, we ask that anyone who posts/comments on our social media pages be mindful of and adhere the following guidelines:
1. Any articles, comments, and any other content posted or submitted for posting may be subject to the Open Records Act. C.G.A. § 50-18-70 et seq.
2. The City of Milton does not guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness or security of any link, website, or content.
3. Please be advised that you participate at your own risk, taking personal and sole responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided or disclosed.
4. The posting of external links on the City of Milton’s social media pages does not represent an official endorsement of the link, content, website, organization hosting same, or the views expressed thereon.
5. Advertisements and solicitations are prohibited and will be removed from our social media pages.
6. We welcome communication exchanges that are informative, relevant, lawful, and respectful. Please keep comments relevant and family friendly. To encourage a free-flowing, unintimidating discussion while maintaining focused social media conversations, we will moderate comments. The City of Milton reserves the right to remove:
A. Any post or comment that is unrelated to the particular topic, post, site, or blog article being commented upon;
B. Profane language or content;
C. Posts or comments that encourage, advocate for, or incite discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
D. Sexual content or links to sexual content;
E. Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
F. Content that promotes illegal activity or conduct;
G. Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
H. Spam or the solicitation of business; and
I. Political campaigning.
Posting or commenting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms. Posts or comments that violate the posting and commenting guidelines listed above may be removed from the City of Milton’s social media pages, at the sole discretion of the City of Milton.
Although we welcome feedback related to City services, the City of Milton’s social media pages are not designed to be used as a primary source for addressing questions, complaints, or other requests. For more information about departments and City services, visit www.cityofmiltonga.us/.
Our social media pages are not monitored 24/7. If you have an emergency or need police or fire assistance, please call 911 immediately. Do not use this page to report a crime, fire or other medical emergency. If it’s an emergency, call 911. All non-emergency contacts should be directed to the appropriate department by using the City’s dial-by-department directory at 678-242-2500.