Key Resources, Incentives and Other Considerations
City of Milton – If you encounter questions during startup and need assistance, contact our Economic Development Department at 678-242-2534.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) is an excellent resource for small businesses. Contact SBA at 404-331-0100 regarding these frequently asked questions:
- What legal aspects should I consider?
- How can I find qualified employees?
- What are the alternatives in financing a business?
- What do I have to do to get a loan?
- What financial statements will I need?
- What does marketing involve?
- What is my market potential?
- What about advertising?
- Are some locations better than others?
- Is it better to lease or buy my site or building?
Small Business Development Center– provides business consultation services. Consultants can help:
- Develop and update business plans
- Identify sources of capital
- Set up record-keeping systems and analyze financial records
- Identify foreign markets for products and services
- Conduct specialized research geared to specific needs of the business owner
- Create marketing strategies and advertising campaigns
- Explore suitable ways to conform with government regulations
- Increase opportunities to sell to federal, state, and local governments
- Analyze statistical and demographic data
Call the SBDC at Georgia State University at 404-413-7830 or visit www.georgiasbdc.org for assistance.
Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce (GNFCC)
State of Georgia Incentives
To learn about State of Georgia Incentives, visit www.georgia.org.
Some other questions to consider before starting your business include:
- Is the proposed site readily accessible?
- How is the circulation and traffic flow in the area?
- Are there similar businesses in the area?
- How is waste disposal handled?
- What source of income will I have through start up?
Please, do not hesitate to seek assistance. We want your business to flourish and grow! Welcome to Milton, a great place to do business.
Milton Economic Development
Greater North Fulton Chamber
Georgia Certificate of Registration
Georgia Department of Revenue Sales & Use Tax Division
Georgia Withholding Tax Number
Georgia Dept. of Revenue, Taxpayer Services Division
Incorporation, Trademarks / Service Mark Registration
Georgia Secretary of State, Corporations Division Trademark
U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Trademark Office
1-800-786-9199 Option #1
Georgia Dept. of Revenue
Alcohol & Tobacco Tax Unit
Sales & Use Tax Division,
Georgia Dept. of Agriculture
Health & Wellness Dept., Fulton County
Minimum Wage Requirements
Better Business Bureau
Other Government Agencies
Georgia Dept. of Economic Development
U.S. Dept. of the Census, SE Office
U.S. Dept. of Commerce
U.S. Government Bookstore
Other Related Organizations
American Marketing Association
Georgia Dept. of Labor,
North Metro Career Center
Georgia Institute of Technology,
Enterprise Innovation Institute
Milton Community Development
Planning & Zoning (signage)
Building & Inspections
Small Business Administration Information
Service Corp of Retired Executive (SCORE)
Small Business Development (and Outreach) Centers
University of Georgia SBDC,
Startups and Expansions
Georgia Dept. of Community Affairs
Georgia Institute of Technology,
Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC)