Planning staff is primarily responsible for administering the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Regulations and applicable sections of the Milton Code of Ordinances. Responsibilities include processing requests for rezonings , zoning modifications, use permits, variances Design Review Board submittals, review of Form Based Code requirements for architecture, sign permitting and business license review for zoning.
In addition, this area of the Community Development Department works closely with land development and permitting and inspections to address the many aspects of the plan review process.
The routine functions of the Zoning division include but are not limited to the following:
- Taking public inquiries regarding zoning, special uses, development regulations, master plans and land use.
- Reviewing plans for compliance with zoning and other requirements.
- Issuing zoning certification letters.
- Issuing temporary use approvals.
- Preparing staff analysis for public hearing applications.
- Preparing public hearing information and/or packets for the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Design Review Board and City Council.
- Preparing legal ads, posting signage at properties and mailing notices for public hearings.
- Preparing action reports from board and commission meetings
For more information, please contact Zoning Manager Robyn MacDonald at 678-242-2540.
- Rezoning and Use Permit
- Variance Application
- Permanent Sign Permit Application
- Temporary Banner and Sign Permit Application
For more information on the roles and responsibilities of the Design Review Board, Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission.
Frequently Asked Questions