The City Manager is appointed by the Mayor and Council and is responsible for implementing and carrying out the policies of the Council.
As the chief administrative officer of the city, the City Manager exercises direction over all municipal operations, overseeing the enforcement and execution of city laws and ordinances while providing services to the citizens of the City of Milton in the most effective and economical manner.
In addition, the City Manager’s Office is responsible for the following:
- Direction and development of the city’s annual operating and capital budget
- Supervisory responsibility over department directors
- Providing support to the Mayor and City Council
- Responding to citizen questions, concerns and requests for information
- Ensuring staff provides quality service while promoting positive human relations
- Providing support to various committees and special projects
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the City
Click HERE for more on the 2020 Budget.