Apr 22, 2017
10:00am - 2:00pm
Join us on the Milton City Hall Plaza for a day filled with fun, learning and serving for all ages!
- Kids can build a Home Depot bird feeder and make other fun crafts from recycled materials.
- Zoologist Jim Nark will be on-hand with all kinds of amphibians, reptiles and mammals.
- Adults have two green make-and-take workshops: 1) The Whole Food's Rain Barrel Workshop (open to Milton residents only) and 2) UGA Extension's How to Make Your Own Green Cleaning Products. Class sizes are capped and pre-registration is required. Register for the rain barrel workshop here.
- Everyone will take home a free tree seedling courtesy of the National Wildlife Federation.
- Residents can learn how to certify their backyard as a wildlife habitat.
- Individuals and groups can participate in a variety of environmental service projects such as tree planting, performing trail maintenance and mulching trails, or restoring a butterfly habitat by planting a pollinator garden. Interested volunteers may sign up to participate by contacting Teresa Stickels at firstname.lastname@example.org.